- 2 T Olive Oil
- 3-4 strips of Pancetta or Bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 50oz. of Chicken Base, using U-Bake Lo-Salt Chicken Soup Base (or 1 - 49oz. can)
- 2 tsp U-Bake Italian Dressing Dry Mix
- 1 pkg. (2 1/2 Cups) U-Bake Cheese Tortellini
- 1 can (28oz.) Crushed Tomatoes, in puree
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped (one handfull)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
Heat the olive oil in a large 6 qt. pot over medium heat. Add pancetta or bacon and cook until crisp. Add onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook 1 more minute. Add broth and Italian Dressing Mix; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture. Stir in tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook just until whilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with cheese.