For the bars:
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, cooled slightly (or margarine)
- 1 3/4 cups U-Bake Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 4 Eggs
- 1 3/4 cups U-Bake All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon U-Bake Baking Powder
- 4 drops U-Bake yellow food coloring
- 3 drops U-Bake red food coloring
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened (DO NOT USE margarine!)
- 1 3/4 cups U-Bake Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Milk (up to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon U-Bake Vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon U-Bake Salt
For the decoration:
- 1/3 cup U-Bake candy corn (32 candies)
Heat oven to 325 degrees. Line bottom and sides of a 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil 2 inches on 2 opposite sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.In medium bowl, beat melted 3/4 cup butter, sugar & orange peel with wooden spoon until blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour and baking powder just until mixed. Stir in yellow food color until well mixed. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the yellow batter in the pan. Place pan in freezer about 15 minutes or until batter is slightly firm to the touch.
Meanwhile, add red food color to the remaining cake batter in the bowl until well mixed. Spread over chilled yellow batter.
Bake 47 to 53 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
In meduim bowl, beat 1/2 cup softened butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar until well blended. Beat in milk, vanilla and salt until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over bars. To serve, remove bars from pan, using foil to lift. Remove foil. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows; cut each square diagonally in half. Top each triangle with 1 candy corn.
Another Tip: If you want really bright colors, use U-Bake paste food colors instead of liquid food colors. Just decrease the amount to about half of the liquid food color specified.