Sausage Pizza Loaf
Kris, U-Bake La Crosse
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 14 inch U-Bake Pizza crusts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon U-Bake dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon U-Bake garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Thaw pizza crust and put on greased baking sheet. Push out with fingers to a rectangular shape instead of round.
- Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.