- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup U-Bake white sugar
- 1/2 cup U-Bake all-purpose flour
- 2 - 8" U-Bake pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup U-Bake white sugar
1. Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour. Set aside.
2. Brush egg wash on the bottom of the pie shell before adding the berries so that the bottom will not become soggy.
3. Spoon the mixture into a 8" pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges. Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
4. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes.
Instead of all purpose flour, you can substitute 1/4 cup tapioca flour . It will be thicker and bit sweeter berry filling than the straight flour.
The pie sliced beautifully and didn't ooze one bit. I recommend serving it warm with a scoop of The Chocolate Shoppe Old Fashioned Vanilla ice cream from U-Bake!