This is from the Daggett House on Martha's Vineyard.
- 2/3 Cups Grapenuts Cereal
- 1/3 Cup U-Bake Wheat Germ
- 3T Butter
- 1/4 tsp U-Bake Salt
- 1/3 Cup U-Bake Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 and 1/3 Cup Boiling Water. Stir. Let Cool. Meanwhile:
- 1T U-Bake Yeast
- 1 tsp U-Bake Sugar into 2/3 Cups warm water. Let stand until bubbly!
Add this to the other mixture and stir. Add 4 Cups U-Bake All Purpose Flour and mix well. Turn dough out on floured surface and knead until double in size (about an hour - 90 minutes). Punch down with fist and return to floured surface. divide into loaves, knead for a few minutes, put into greased bread pans, cover and let rise again (about 30 minutes).
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until brown.
Yield: 2 loaves - Excellent Recipe - Makes for great toast!!